Rectors from 1950 to 1972
Rev Edwin Nickson was instituted on 17/1/1950 but died in 1952. He initiated the process to have the church dedicated to St Mary the Virgin, but did not live to see this come to fruition.
Rev C E Curwen was Rector from 1952 to 1959, when he left to join All Souls Brighton. He was noted for holding services for pets on Animal Sunday, every September.
Rev Walter Hobday was ordained in the church in 1958 – the first ordination ever held there – and subsequently became Rector in 1959, until his retirement in 1972. The cope which he wore latterly is on display in the museum.