Lords of the Manor - The Harrisons
In 1664 the manor house was occupied by Mary Lane, and subsequently the inheritance passed via her daughter to Godfrey Harrison, and then to John Harrison (died 1722) and his wife Elizabeth, (died 1756) who have a fine memorial in the chancel. They had 8 children – 7 daughters and one son, Lane Harrison, who was born in 1714. Unfortunately he died from smallpox in 1740, aged about 26. His memorial, by Thomas Ady, records that he was ‘A young gentleman whose good qualities of mind rendered him an honour to his family and the delight of this friends'. Subsequently the Lordship passed in turn to each of three daughters of Elizabeth Harrison, and after 201 years in the possession of the Millet family and descendants (the Lanes and Harrisons), the Manor of Perivale was sold in 1767 to Richard Lateward. The memorials of the Myllets, Lanes and Harrisons adorn the chancel of the church, occupying the upper ‘storey' whereas the Latewards, following on, are distributed along the lower level. The memorials to Lane Harrison and to John Gurnell (the husband of Anne Harrison, and a benefactor to the church) are in the nave.
Monument to John Harrison (d 1720) and Elizabeth Harrison (d 1756) on the north wall of the chancel Monument to Lane Harrison (d 1740) on the south wall of the nave Inscription on Lane Harrison memorial Monument to John Gurnell (d 1748) on the north wall of the nave multiple lightbox galleriesby VisualLightBox.com v6.1