The Church Tower and Bells
The tower was added in about 1510, and is a timber construction, with weather-boarding. The weather vane on the top was ‘rescued' by John Farthing from the old Market House at Brentford, which was demolished in 1850, and replaced by a replica in 1985. The sundial on the south side of the tower was added in 1818, and also replaced by a replica in 1990. The vestry originally contained a door and partition, to produce a belfry and robing room. The stairs in the tower were rebuilt in the 1930's, when the upper storey became the sacristy and the gallery the server's vestry.
The tower contains a bell-frame of 4 trusses, for 3 bells, probably dating from the 16th century. From 1834 to 1949 there were only two functioning bells, one made by William Eldridge in 1699 and a smaller one made by Thomas Mears of London in 1834. In 1949, these two bells were re-cast and a third bell added. Thus on the 7 th October 1949, the 3 bells of Perivale rang again after an interval of 115 years. On the Treble bells is inscribed ‘Deo Gratias' on the middle one ‘Gloria in Excelsis' and the Tenor bell is inscribed ‘Sancte Edmunde, ora pro Edmunda' in memory of Edmund Hope, son of the then Rector, who was killed in France in 1940.